[GIT PULL] SafeSetID MAINTAINERS file update for v5.3

Konstantin Ryabitsev konstantin at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Aug 5 14:27:56 UTC 2019

On Sun, Aug 04, 2019 at 10:47:54AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> - maybe pr-tracker-bot ignores follow-up emails with "Re:" in the
> subject?

Yes, this is the culprit. Here are the matching regexes:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mricon/korg-helpers.git/tree/pr-tracker-bot.py#n41

Normally, pull requests don't come in as replies -- this is the first
one that got missed in months, to my knowledge.

I can change it to be more permissive -- the only concern would be that
we would be scanning more bodies, and there *might* be a chance where we
end up tracking the wrong message if someone uses Outlook-style replies
(fully quoted messages without '>') and those replies arrive before the
original message. Both of these are very unlikely to happen (in fact, I
believe using Outlook-style replies on LKML would result in mass
outrage).

So, just let me know if you'd like me to make this change and I'll
modify the regex to be something like '^\S*:?\s*\[GIT' that should match
most permutations of Re/Aw/etc.

-K