[GIT PULL] SafeSetID MAINTAINERS file update for v5.3

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Aug 4 17:47:54 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 11:11 AM Micah Morton <mortonm at chromium.org> wrote:

> The following changes since commit 609488bc979f99f805f34e9a32c1e3b71179d10b:
>
>   Linux 5.3-rc2 (2019-07-28 12:47:02 -0700)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   https://github.com/micah-morton/linux.git
>   tags/safesetid-maintainers-correction-5.3-rc2

Hmm.

This pull request was apparently not caught by pr-tracker-bot for some
reason, so it didn't get the automated "this has been pulled" message.

I'm not entirely sure why - it was cc'd to lkml, and I see it on lore as

   https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAJ-EccOqmmrf2KPb7Z7NU6bF_4W1XUawLLy=pLekCyFKqusjKQ@mail.gmail.com/

so the email itself made it through the system. And it has "GIT PULL"
in the subject line, so the pr-tracker-bot should have looked at it.

I see a couple of _potential_ reasons why it might have been overlooked:

 - maybe the "--" marker after your explanation made pr-tracker-bot go
"oh, the rest is just a signature"

 - the fact that the git link looks more like a regular web thing, and
the branch name is on another line. Does pr-tracker-bot only trigger
on kernel.org things?

 - maybe pr-tracker-bot ignores follow-up emails with "Re:" in the subject?

but it could be something else too.

Adding Konstantin to the participants, since he knows the magic.

This is not a big deal, and I have probably missed a lot of other
cases where the pr-tracker-bot doesn't react to pull requests, but I
really like how it gives a heads-up to people about their pulls
without me having to do anything extra, so I generally try to look for
failures when I can.

Konstantin?

                  Linus