LSM stacking in next for 6.1?

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Wed Aug 3 00:56:21 UTC 2022

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 8:01 PM Casey Schaufler <casey at schaufler-ca.com> wrote:
> I would like very much to get v38 or v39 of the LSM stacking for Apparmor
> patch set in the LSM next branch for 6.1. The audit changes have polished
> up nicely and I believe that all comments on the integrity code have been
> addressed. The interface_lsm mechanism has been beaten to a frothy peak.
> There are serious binder changes, but I think they address issues beyond
> the needs of stacking. Changes outside these areas are pretty well limited
> to LSM interface improvements.

The LSM stacking patches are near the very top of my list to review
once the merge window clears, the io_uring fixes are in (bug fix), and
SCTP is somewhat sane again (bug fix).  I'm hopeful that the io_uring
and SCTP stuff can be finished up in the next week or two.

Since I'm the designated first stuckee now for the stacking stuff I
want to go back through everything with fresh eyes, which probably
isn't a bad idea since it has been a while since I looked at the full
patchset from bottom to top.  I can tell you that I've never been
really excited about the /proc changes, and believe it or not I've
been thinking about those a fair amount since James asked me to start
maintaining the LSM.  I don't want to get into any detail until I've
had a chance to look over everything again, but just a heads-up that
I'm not too excited about those bits.

--
paul-moore.com