clean up kernel_{read,write} & friends v2

David Laight David.Laight at ACULAB.COM
Fri May 29 13:08:37 UTC 2020

From: Casey Schaufler
> Sent: 28 May 2020 22:21
> It's true, nobody uses a TTY33 anymore. Those of us who have done so
> understand how "{" is preferable to "BEGIN" and why tabs are better than
> multiple spaces. A narrow "terminal" requires less neck and mouse movement.
> Any width limit is arbitrary, so to the extent anyone might care, I advocate
> 80 forever.

A wide monitor is for looking at lots of files.
Not dead space because of deep intents and very long variable names.

Although i don't understand the 'indent continuations under "("' rule.
It hides some indents and makes other excessive.
A simple 'double indent' (or half indent) makes code more readable.

A different rule for function definitions would make real sense.
They only need a single indent - the '{' marks the end.

	David

-
Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)