Please pick ("LSM: SafeSetID: Stop releasing uninitialized ruleset") to 5.3 stable

Doug Anderson dianders at chromium.org
Fri Oct 25 16:44:09 UTC 2019

If you're still taking things for 5.3 stable, I humbly request picking
up commit 21ab8580b383 ("LSM: SafeSetID: Stop releasing uninitialized
ruleset").  While bisecting other problems this crash tripped me up
and I would have been able to bisect faster had the fix been in
linux-stable.  Only kernel 5.3 is affected.

For reference, the crash for me looked like:

Call trace:
 __call_rcu+0x2c/0x1ac
 call_rcu+0x28/0x34
 safesetid_file_write+0x344/0x350