[PATCH 03/10] security: fix documentation for the socket_post_create hook
efremov at ispras.ru
Thu Feb 7 12:44:51 UTC 2019
This patch slightly fixes the documentation for the
socket_post_create hook. The documentation states that
i_security field is accessible through inode field of socket
structure (i.e., 'sock->inode->i_security'). There is no inode
field in the socket structure. The i_security field is accessible
through SOCK_INODE macro. The patch updates the documentation
to reflect this.
Signed-off-by: Denis Efremov <efremov at ispras.ru>
include/linux/lsm_hooks.h | 6 +++---
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/include/linux/lsm_hooks.h b/include/linux/lsm_hooks.h
index a0555683db63..80e5f3421b91 100644
@@ -752,9 +752,9 @@
* socket structure, but rather, the socket security information is stored
* in the associated inode. Typically, the inode alloc_security hook will
* allocate and and attach security information to
- * sock->inode->i_security. This hook may be used to update the
- * sock->inode->i_security field with additional information that wasn't
- * available when the inode was allocated.
+ * SOCK_INODE(sock)->i_security. This hook may be used to update the
+ * SOCK_INODE(sock)->i_security field with additional information that
+ * wasn't available when the inode was allocated.
* @sock contains the newly created socket structure.
* @family contains the requested protocol family.
* @type contains the requested communications type.
More information about the Linux-security-module-archive