KASAN: use-after-free Read in path_lookupat

Al Viro viro at zeniv.linux.org.uk
Wed Apr 10 18:11:35 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 01:45:52AM +0000, Al Viro wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 11:37:32PM +0000, Al Viro wrote:
>
> > For debugfs it's clearly "use default ->evict_inode(), have explicit
> > ->destroy_inode() using free_inode_nonrcu()" - there we have nothing
> > else done in ->evict_inode() and kfree is obviously safe in softirq.
> > I'll post that (or push to vfs.git#fixes), along with minimal fixes
> > for other 3.  If bpf_any_put() is softirq-safe, we'll have the full
> > set for -stable and the rest could be done on top of that.
> >
> > Won't solve the documetation problem, unfortunately ;-/
>
> Posted; all of those (as well as Daniel's bpf patch) are Cc:stable
> fodder.  Documentation is still, er, deficient...

... and unfortunately there are two more, exactly like debugfs -
securityfs and apparmorfs, found while sorting out the series
for separate rcu-delayed counterpart of ->destroy_inode().

Both are in vfs.git#fixes.  Which way should that go - directly or
via linux-security.git?  Both are stable fodder, in theory, but
much harder to hit than their ubifs/debugfs/bpf counterparts...