Add support for TCG2 log format on UEFI systems

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at google.com
Tue Apr 2 03:32:26 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 4:52 PM Jarkko Sakkinen
<jarkko.sakkinen at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 12:26:54PM -0800, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > Identical to V4, but based on tpmdd-next
>
> OK, so on my GLK NUC I get valid final log and invalid event log
> after adding some extra klogs.
>
> I.e.
>
> -       if (efi.tpm_log == EFI_INVALID_TABLE_ADDR)
> +       if (efi.tpm_log == EFI_INVALID_TABLE_ADDR) {

Just to make sure - are you booting via the EFI boot stub? We need to
obtain the boot log before ExitBootServices() is called, so if you're
booting directly into the 32-bit entry point (eg, by using the "linux"
command in grub) then you won't get a log.