[PATCH] docs: landlock: clarify TTY signal scoping

Christopher Lusk clusk at northecho.dev
Wed Sep 16 14:52:55 UTC 2026


Hello Günther,

Thank you for the careful review.

The phrase "or otherwise driving a terminal" was LLM over-generalization,
not a separate mechanism.  I checked the paths I had in mind against the
source, and none justifies that broader wording.  I am dropping it.

You are also right about the verbosity.  The generated text expanded a
two-line distinction into 15 lines and obscured the main point.  I will use
your suggested sentence and remove the signal enumeration.  I do not have a
stable kernel documentation URL for that list, so I will not add a citation.

v2 will contain your sentence and a short LANDLOCK_SCOPE_SIGNAL remark in
landlock.h, matched to the recent MAKE_REG whiteout remark.  I will post it
as a new top-level patch with a Link back to this discussion.

I will keep the positive selftest you suggested as a separate follow-up so
the documentation clarification can be reviewed independently.

Christopher



More information about the Linux-security-module-archive mailing list