[PATCH] [v2] landlock: work around gcc-16 -Wuninitialized warning

Mickaël Salaün mic at digikod.net
Wed Sep 16 12:25:41 UTC 2026


On Wed, Sep 16, 2026 at 10:49:47AM +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 2026-09-15 22:10:30 [+0200], Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > Link: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=110743
> > Link: https://lore.kernel.org/all/20260619082133.3504146-1-arnd@kernel.org/
> > Fixes: a260c0055665 ("landlock: Add a place for flags to layer rules")
> > Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de>
> > ---
> > v2: rebased to linux-next-20260914
> > 
> > I originally sent this in June, but got no reply and this still
> > happens with gcc-16.2, which is the latest stable release.

Thanks Arnd, I missed it.  It's in my -next branch now.

> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de>
> 
> This looks reasonable. I don't see this with gcc-16.2 and the referenced
> gcc bug has it as fixed.

If GCC is fixed now, should we keep this work around?

> 
> Sebastian
> 



More information about the Linux-security-module-archive mailing list