CVE-2024-40938: landlock: Fix d_parent walk

Mickaël Salaün mic at digikod.net
Mon Jul 15 10:37:53 UTC 2024

Hello,

AFAIK, commit 88da52ccd66e ("landlock: Fix d_parent walk") doesn't fix a
security issue but an unexpected case.  The triggered WARN_ON_ONCE() is
just a canary, and this case was correctly handled with defensive
programming and didn't allow to bypass the security policy nor to harm
the kernel.  However, this fix should indeed be backported.

Could you please Cc me for future CVE related to my changes or to
Landlock?  For kernel CVEs, I think it would be good to Cc at least
maintainers, reviewers, authors, and committers for the related commits.

Regards,
 Mickaël