Stable backport of de3004c874e7 ("ocfs2: Switch to security_inode_init_security()")

Tetsuo Handa penguin-kernel at I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp
Sat May 20 05:54:10 UTC 2023

On 2023/05/20 6:51, Paul Moore wrote:
>    Finally, since security_inode_init_security(), unlike
>    security_old_inode_init_security(), returns zero instead of -EOPNOTSUPP if
>    no xattrs were provided by LSMs or if inodes are private, additionally
>    check in ocfs2_init_security_get() if the xattr name is set.
>
>    If not, act as if security_old_inode_init_security() returned -EOPNOTSUPP,
>    and set si->enable to zero to notify to the functions following
>    ocfs2_init_security_get() that no xattrs are available.

Regarding security_inode_init_security(), similar problem was found on reiserfs.

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/a800496b-cae9-81bf-c79e-d8342418c5be@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp

Is it really expected behavior that security_inode_init_security() returns 0 when
initxattrs is provided but call_int_hook(inode_init_security) returned -EOPNOTSUPP ?