LSM stacking in next for 6.1?

Casey Schaufler casey at schaufler-ca.com
Tue Sep 27 20:54:43 UTC 2022

On 9/14/2022 6:42 AM, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 6:56 PM Casey Schaufler <casey at schaufler-ca.com> wrote:
>> I am going to start playing with these syscalls. Please help me understand
>> where I have suggested something stoopid.
> Thanks for posting an initial patch that we can use for further
> discussion.  Time is a bit tight this week due to LPC/LSS-EU so I'm
> not sure I'll have the time to provide any meaningful comments, but if
> nothing else it's on my todo list for next week.

With a full understanding that the 6.1 boat has not only sailed but has
subsequently been sunk by pirates I've posted my v38 stacking patches.
I would have liked to wait for some amount of "discussion" on the proposed
syscalls and prctl() options before posting, but it seems that isn't
going to happen on its own. In spite of the radical change to the user
interface I am pushing for -next for 6.2. If there has to be discussion
about the interface we should have it. I'm going to be (mostly) off line
the first half of October, and was seriously hoping to have any issues
identified before then. If that can't happen I need some idea what can
make it happen on some sort of timeline.