Maintainer update

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Wed Jul 6 18:56:31 UTC 2022

Hi Folks,

I'm now a manager and don't get as much time to focus directly on
development work.

I'd like to propose that we add Paul Moore as a maintainer of the Security
Subsystem, and for him to take the lead on that, in addition to his
SELinux and other maintainer work.

With LSMs pushing directly to Linus, this maintainer role is now mostly
about merging new LSMs and major LSM changes, and integrating bugfixes.

Paul has been taking many LSM bugfixes through his SELinux tree for a
while, so this would be somewhat a formalization of things there. In terms
of new LSMs and major changes, this is and will remain a collaborative
process with the LSM community.

Any thoughts, concerns, objections?

--
James Morris