"kernel NULL pointer dereference" crash when attempting a write

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Tue Jan 25 19:41:10 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 7:49 AM Christian Brauner <brauner at kernel.org> wrote:
> (Btw, it is very odd that the bug in security_fs_context_parse_param()
> still isn't fixed in master. Neither the generic lsm fix:
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/018a9bb4-accb-c19a-5b0a-fde22f4bc822@schaufler-ca.com/
> nor the fix for selinux:
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20211012103243.xumzerhvhklqrovj@wittgenstein/
> seem to have gone anywhere? That's another NULL-deref, see:
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=d1e3b1d92d25abf97943)

Adding the LSM list to the To: line for this snippet to bring these
patches back to front of people's minds.

I suspect the issue is that these patches fall into the general LSM
"security/*.c" bin and as a result don't trigger the individual LSMs
"okay, I'll merge this behavior".  Normally I would expect this to get
picked up by James' LSM tree but sometimes the lines get blurry.

As James is my boss now I talk to him a fair amount, I'll ping him
about these patches to try and get some action on them during this -rc
cycle.  I'll also go review/tag them as well.

--
paul moore
paul-moore.com