security_task_getsecid() and subjective vs objective task creds

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Sat Feb 20 14:50:21 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 9:55 PM James Morris <jmorris at namei.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2021, Paul Moore wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When looking into a problem I noticed that audit was recording the
> > wrong subject label for a process.
>
> Is this a public bug? It would be good to know what the extent of this
> issue may be and whether it warrants a CVE.

Let me rephrase, "When looking into a problem with some new patches
that I am working on I noticed ...".

I am not aware of any public bugs relating to this subj/obj confusion,
this was simply something I noticed while doing some new work.  I
would post those patches now, but they are still incomplete.
Regardless, this subj/obj confusion is something we should resolve.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com