[GIT PULL] Smack patches for v5.4

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Sep 23 19:17:22 UTC 2019

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 10:24 AM Casey Schaufler <casey at schaufler-ca.com> wrote:

> This is my first direct pull request. I think I have followed process
> correctly, but if not I will attend to my error as required.

The contents look fine.

However, it's from an open hosting site - github. Which is fine, I
take pull requests from github all the time.  But I require that they
be sent using a signed tag, so that I can verify that yes, it's really
from you.

And no, I don't do pgp email, even t hough I see that there's a
signature on your email itself.

git uses pgp too, but unlike pgp email signatures, the git support for
pgp signing is useful and user-friendly and just _works_, rather than
the complete and useless disaster that is pgp email [1].

So please make it a signed tag with "git tag -s" and ask me to pull
that tag instead.

                        Linus

[1] https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vvbw9a/even-the-inventor-of-pgp-doesnt-use-pgp