[GIT PULL] security subsystem: Tomoyo updates for v5.2

Casey Schaufler casey at schaufler-ca.com
Sat May 11 22:08:07 UTC 2019

On 5/11/2019 11:13 AM, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 10:38 AM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 6:09 PM James Morris <jmorris at namei.org> wrote:
>>> These patches include fixes to enable fuzz testing, and a fix for
>>> calculating whether a filesystem is user-modifiable.
>> So now these have been very recently rebased (on top of a random
>> merge-window "tree of the day" version) instead of having multiple
>> merges.
>>
>> That makes the history cleaner, but has its own issues.
>>
>> We really need to find a different model for the security layer patches.
> If it helps, the process I use for the SELinux and audit trees is
> documented below.  While it's far from perfect (I still don't like
> basing the -next trees on -rcX releases) it has seemed to work
> reasonably well for some time now.
>
> * https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux-kernel/blob/master/README.md

On the whole this looks fine to me. I am less comfortable than Paul
is regarding changes that happen elsewhere, so I would be more likely
to base in the rc-1 than Paul. More developers test with SELinux than
Smack. I am in the process of putting an appropriate GPG environment
together for 5.3.

The LSM infrastructure work I've been doing should still go through
James, as it has global implications.