[GIT PULL] Security subsystem: Smack updates for v5.2

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu May 9 20:02:37 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 10:28 AM James Morris <jmorris at namei.org> wrote:

> From Casey: "There's one bug fix for IPv6 handling and two memory use
> improvements."
>
> Plus a couple of further bugfixes.

I'm going to stop pulling these silly security subsystem "contains
just about as many merges as regular commits" branches starting next
merge window.

Security subsystem guys: just send your pull requests to me directly.
The history is illegible with the completely random pulls in the
middle, and I'm having a hard time editing sane merge messages with
quotes from submaintainers mixed up with other quotes.

This subsystem isn't working. I'm already taking SElinux, audit and
apparmor updates directly from the submaintainers, I'd ratehr just
take the smack updates and the TPM ones that way too. Because this is
just adding confusion as things are now.

I've pulled this, just to not cause extra confusion this merge window,
so this is just a heads-up for the future.

               Linus