Getting weird TPM error after rebasing my tree to security/next-general

Winkler, Tomas tomas.winkler at intel.com
Thu Jan 31 19:47:19 UTC 2019

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 10:52 AM Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-
> foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > I think what I should do is to just make "memcpy_*io()" do the "align
> > naturally" thing.
> >
> > Let me cook up a patch for you to test.
>
> Does this work for you?
>
> I haven't tested it at all, but I verified that the generated code seems to make
> at least some amount of sense.
>
>                Linus

So dig into the spec and I think this is a bit relevant.

TPM TCG according the spec requires that all buffer access is done sequentially from the start to end of the payload,
Simply In case of skipping or going back the transaction is aborted.
The write transactions should be 1 or power of 2. So in general 6 byte read should not work. But I'm sure our hw really obey this restriction.

Thanks
Tomas