actx not used?

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 00:58:50 UTC 2019

Hello users of *audit_rule_match(),

As far as I can tell, it appears that the audit_context *actx parameter
to *audit_rule_match() is not used by any consumers in-tree upstream.
This includes selinux, apparmour, integrity and smack.
Might there be others out of tree that do use it (or did request it)?

I'm a bit puzzled that it was ever offered since it should be relatively
opaque and accessed only by audit or its accessor functions.

It was part of the 2008 commit 03d37d25e0f9 ("LSM/Audit: Introduce
generic Audit LSM hooks").

Would anyone object if I ripped out actx?

- RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs <rgb at redhat.com>
Sr. S/W Engineer, Kernel Security, Base Operating Systems