Kernel memory corruption in CIPSO labeled TCP packets processing.

Nazarov Sergey s-nazarov at yandex.ru
Fri Jan 18 16:34:41 UTC 2019

Hi, Paul!
I don't like this. As you said, fix any calls to icmp_send is a trivial.
But in cipso_v4_optptr, we repeating the work already done, and in cipso_v4_error
we will need to do even more again. Any code, working with IP header data on several
levels of TCP/IP stack need to do this again and again. Is looks too overloaded!
In my opinion, this is a problem of TCP/IP stack design, comes from standing
compiled IP header data in different places at different stack layers.
May be better to add some flag or pointer to struct sk_buff?
But, I think, we need netdev developers advice for this.
Regards, Sergey.