[PATCH v11 00/16] Remove nested TPM operations
jarkko.sakkinen at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 5 22:47:07 UTC 2019
Make the changes necessary to detach TPM space code and TPM activation
code out of the tpm_transmit() flow because of both of these can cause
nested tpm_transmit() calls. The nesteds calls make the whole flow hard
to maintain, and thus, it is better to just fix things now before this
turns into a bigger mess.
* Drop the patch that tries to flush TPM space on system. Not a proper
fallback + out of scope for this patch set.
* Use void pointers to avoid unnecessary casts in functions paramaters
where it makes sense.
* Fixed again tpm_try_get_ops().
* Added missing reviewed-by's.
* Re-add the check for ret < 0 after calling tpm_try_transmit() that
was dropped by mistake while moving code.
* Fix error fallback for tpm_try_get_ops() when tpm_chip_start()
* Reorganize series so that more trivial and self-contained changes are
in the head.
* When tpm_validate_commmand() was moved to tpm2-space.c, the struct for
the TPM header was incorrectly declared as struct tpm_input_header.
* Fix return value in tpm_validate_command().
* Add the missing rev's from Stefan Berger.
* Return 0 from pcrs_show() when tpm1_pcr_read() fails.
* Fix error handling flow in tpm_try_transmit().
* Replace struct tpm_input_header and struct tpm_output_header with
* Encapsulate power gating code to tpm_chip_start() and tpm_chip_stop().
* Move TPM power gating code and locking to tpm_try_get_ops() and
* Call power gating code directly in tpm_chip_register() and
* Print tpm2_commit_space() error inside tpm2_commit_space()
* Error code was not printed when recv() callback failed. It is
fixed in this version.
* Added a patch that removes @space from tpm_transmit().
* Fixed a regression in earlier series. Forgot to amend the change
from the staging area that renames NESTED to UNLOCKED in tpm2-space.c.
Jarkko Sakkinen (16):
tpm: use tpm_buf in tpm_transmit_cmd() as the IO parameter
tpm: fix invalid return value in pubek_show()
tpm: return 0 from pcrs_show() when tpm1_pcr_read() fails
tpm: print tpm2_commit_space() error inside tpm2_commit_space()
tpm: declare struct tpm_header
tpm: access command header through struct in tpm_try_transmit()
tpm: encapsulate tpm_dev_transmit()
tpm: clean up tpm_try_transmit() error handling flow
tpm: move tpm_validate_commmand() to tpm2-space.c
tpm: move TPM space code out of tpm_transmit()
tpm: remove @space from tpm_transmit()
tpm: use tpm_try_get_ops() in tpm-sysfs.c.
tpm: remove TPM_TRANSMIT_UNLOCKED flag
tpm: introduce tpm_chip_start() and tpm_chip_stop()
tpm: take TPM chip power gating out of tpm_transmit()
tpm: remove @flags from tpm_transmit()
drivers/char/tpm/tpm-chip.c | 109 ++++++++++++
drivers/char/tpm/tpm-dev-common.c | 44 ++++-
drivers/char/tpm/tpm-interface.c | 264 ++++++------------------------
drivers/char/tpm/tpm-sysfs.c | 138 ++++++++++------
drivers/char/tpm/tpm.h | 64 +++-----
drivers/char/tpm/tpm1-cmd.c | 28 +---
drivers/char/tpm/tpm2-cmd.c | 72 +++-----
drivers/char/tpm/tpm2-space.c | 91 +++++++---
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_i2c_atmel.c | 5 +-
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_vtpm_proxy.c | 12 +-
drivers/char/tpm/xen-tpmfront.c | 2 +-
11 files changed, 408 insertions(+), 421 deletions(-)
More information about the Linux-security-module-archive