[GIT PULL] SELinux patches for v5.5

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Mon Dec 2 20:04:24 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:58 AM Mimi Zohar <zohar at linux.ibm.com> wrote:
> [Truncated Cc list, adding Roberto and the initramfs mailing list]
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Tue, 2019-11-26 at 16:24 -0500, Paul Moore wrote:
>
> > - Allow file labeling before the policy is loaded.  This should ease
> > some of the burden when the policy is initially loaded (no need to
> > relabel files), but it should also help enable some new system
> > concepts which dynamically create the root filesystem in the initrd.
>
> Any chance you're planning on using Roberto's patches for including
> security xattrs in the initramfs?[1]
> [1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-initramfs/msg04771.html

I'm assuming you're not asking about me personally? ;)

However, just in case, I'll probably wait until it is picked up by the
various distributions; somehow I haven't yet found the time to roll my
own distribution for personal use ;)

> Any help reviewing his patches
> would be much appreciated!

I would love to help, but given my current workload I'm not sure how
timely the review would be, I would suggest reaching out to the
distributions who maintain the userspace (and have asked for this
feature).

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com