[GIT PULL] security: general updates for v4.21

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Sat Dec 29 04:09:42 UTC 2018

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 7:11 PM James Morris <jmorris at namei.org> wrote:
> >
> > I do this every development cycle, after requests from security subsystem
> > maintainers to sync to -rc kernels.
>
> Why?
>
> A merge should have a *reason*.

Yep, I understand what you mean. I can't find the discussion from several
years ago, but developers asked to be able to work with more current
kernels, and I recall you saying that if you want to do this, merge to a
specific -rc tag at least.

I'm not personally fussed either way, and if anyone cc'd has an opinion,
please comment. Otherwise, I'll go back to merging to Linus only as
necessary.

--
James Morris
<jmorris at namei.org>