[GIT PULL] SELinux patches for v4.17

Xin Long lucien.xin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 05:31:05 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 6:44 AM, Richard Haines
<richard_c_haines at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-04-08 at 19:59 +0100, Richard Haines via Selinux wrote:
>> On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 01:43 +0800, Xin Long wrote:

>> > test_timetolive(_v6) works for me, In lksctp-tools/src/func_tests,
>> > had
>> > another case failed,./test_1_to_1_events,  it's caused by:
>> > commit 30f6ebf65bc46161c5aaff1db2e6e7c76aa4a06b
>> > Author: Xin Long <lucien.xin at gmail.com>
>> > Date:   Wed Mar 14 19:05:34 2018 +0800
>> >
>> >     sctp: add SCTP_AUTH_NO_AUTH type for AUTHENTICATION_EVENT
>> >
>> > It's not kernel's issue, after that commit, ./test_1_to_1_events
>> > should
>> > have been improved. or avoid it by 'sysctl -w
>> > net.sctp.auth_enable=1'
>> >
>> > I'm not sure why test_timetolive(_v6) is not working in your env.
>>
>> It appears to depend on the run sequence of the tests. I rebooted the
>> system, ran test_timetolive_v6, it worked okay.
>> Ran "sctp-tests run" on a terminal, then ran test_timetolive_v6 at
>> various intervals on another terminal. Once sctp-tests started the
>> "===
>> ndatasched ===" sequence, test_timetolive_v6 failed.
>
> 1) When SCTP is initialised /proc/sys/net/sctp/prsctp_enable = 1
> 2) When sctp-tests/testcase/regression/extoverflow/test.sh is executed,
> on exit it sets prsctp_enable = 0. This seems to be causing the issue
> I'm seeing. I can now simulate the problem:
>
> Running from fresh boot:
> checksctp
> cat /proc/sys/net/sctp/prsctp_enable
> 1
> ./test_timetolive_v6
> passes
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/sctp/prsctp_enable
> ./test_timetolive_v6
> fails
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/sctp/prsctp_enable
> ./test_timetolive_v6
> passes
I see ...

commit 8ae808eb853e3789b81b8a502cdf22bb01b76880
Author: Xin Long <lucien.xin at gmail.com>
Date:   Sat Oct 8 11:40:16 2016 +0800

    sctp: remove the old ttl expires policy

ttl expire is considered as one of the prsctp policies after
this commit, so prsctp_enable is required. I will think to
update this test case in lksctp-tools.

Thanks for the reproducer.