[GIT PULL] SELinux patches for v4.17

Xin Long lucien.xin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 17:43:01 UTC 2018

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 10:09 PM, Richard Haines
<richard_c_haines at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-04-08 at 08:50 -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
>> On April 7, 2018 1:03:57 PM Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation
>> .org> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 9:54 AM, Richard Haines
>> <richard_c_haines at btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>> So please check my resolution, but also somebody should tell me
>> "Linus, you're a cretin, sctp_connect() doesn't want that
>> security_sctp_bind_connect() at all because it was already done by
>> XYZ"
>>
>> sctp_connect() or __sctp_connect() do not need to call
>> security_sctp_bind_connect(). This is because the connect(2) call
>> will
>> handle the checks required via security_socket_connect():
>>
>> Ok, thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to get.
>>
>> Anyway, somebody should still verify that it all looks good in my
>> tree, but I don't actually expect the merge to have had any issues
>> even if the refactoring made it a bit more complex than most merges
>> are.
>>
>> Thanks for the quick response Richard.
>>
>> Xin Long looked it over and gave it the thumbs up, I'll take a look
>> too, but to be honest I trust his SCTP understanding much more than
>> mine.  I also do weekly tests of each rcX release at a minimum so if
>> something odd pops up I'll make sure you get a fix.
>>
>> Thanks again everyone.
>
> I built the kernel this morning and sorry to spoil the party, but I've
> run into a problem with lksctp-tools when running the func_tests:
>
> make v6test
> ..
> ..
> ./test_timetolive_v6
> test_timetolive.c  0 INFO : Creating fillmsg of size 3087
> test_timetolive.c  1 PASS : Send a message with timeout
> test_timetolive.c  2 PASS : Send a message with no timeout
> test_timetolive.c  3 PASS : Send a fragmented message with timeout
> test_timetolive.c  0 INFO :  **  SLEEPING for 3 seconds **
> test_timetolive.c  4 BROK : Got a datamsg of unexpected length:23,
> expected length:27
> DUMP_CORE sctputil.c: 247
> /bin/sh: line 1: 30981 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./$a
> test_timetolive_v6 fails
>
> make v4 test fails the same way. I'm using lksctp-tools from [1]. I
> have not investigated the cause yet as just found this and thought I
> should flag first just in case someone has the answer !!!
test_timetolive(_v6) works for me, In lksctp-tools/src/func_tests, I had
another case failed,./test_1_to_1_events,  it's caused by:
commit 30f6ebf65bc46161c5aaff1db2e6e7c76aa4a06b
Author: Xin Long <lucien.xin at gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Mar 14 19:05:34 2018 +0800

    sctp: add SCTP_AUTH_NO_AUTH type for AUTHENTICATION_EVENT

It's not kernel's issue, after that commit, ./test_1_to_1_events should
have been improved. or avoid it by 'sysctl -w net.sctp.auth_enable=1'

I'm not sure why test_timetolive(_v6) is not working in your env.