[GIT PULL] Kernel lockdown for secure boot

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Apr 4 00:56:43 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 5:46 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at google.com> wrote:

> The generic distros have been shipping this policy for the past 5 years.

.. so apparently it doesn't actually break things? Why not enable it
by default then?

And if "turn off secure boot" really is the accepted - and actuially
used - workaround for the breakage, then

   WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU START OFF BY EXPLAINING THAT IN THE FIRST
PLACE WHEN PEOPLE ASKED WHY THE TIE-IN EXISTED?

Sorry for shouting, but really. We have a thread of just *how* many
email messages that asked for the explanation for this? All we got was
incomprehensible and illogical crap explanations.

If there actually was a good explanation for the tie-in, it should
have been front-and-center and explained as such.

                Linus