[RFC 0/3] WhiteEgret LSM module

masanobu2.koike at toshiba.co.jp masanobu2.koike at toshiba.co.jp
Thu Jun 15 07:56:50 UTC 2017

Hi Mehmet,

Thank you for your suggestion to use IMA appraisal.
I'm sorry for the delay in replying to you. I'm studying IMA appraisal.

There is something I don't understand yet. Could you please teach me
the following items?
We assume that "fixing" has already finished and that IMA appraisal
is running in "enforce" mode.

- I have a question for a procedure of labeling and appraising a new
or updated executable file.
Suppose that we want to create a new executable file (included in policy)
and make it be measured and appraised.
Then what kind of procedure should I do?
Similarly, how do I update appraised file to be continuously permitted
to execute?

- When we copy (cp command with -a option) or move an appraised executable
file to somewhere, is the copied or moved executable file permitted to
execute as well?

- (related to the above question) What kind of data is hashed to security.ima?

Thanks in advance,

Masanobu Koike